We have a one bedroom self-contained vacation home on our land close to the Nanaimo River. It has a full kitchen, beautiful bathroom, wifi, tv, a/c, woodstove - everything needed for a great getaway!
The River House is suitable for 1 or 2 people (1 bedroom with queen bed) and 1 or 2 teenagers (day bed and large comfy couch in living area). We also have a 19' travel trailer that can be used by an extra couple in a pinch, but you'll have to fight over who stays where!
The River House is a self contained vacation home that includes the following:
- wifi - highspeed internet
- 42" flat screen tv, Apple tv, DVD player with some movies, stereo with ceiling speakers, outside speakers and ipod dock. Note: there is NO cable.
- electric heat & woodstove (winter)
- air conditioning (summer)
- very comfortable (we're told) queen size bed
- very large leather sectional couch that can be used for sleeping in a pinch
- lots of quilts and pillows
- soaker tub with pull-out shower nozzle (NO shower indoors)
- outside shower in the summer
- hair dryer, candles, bubble bath
- full kitchen with pots, pans, dishes, etc.
- full-size fridge with ice-maker
- some condiments in the fridge plus spices
Breakfast Supplies in Your Fridge:
- Note that because there is a full kitchen, we don't come over and make you breakfast as in a typical B&B - instead, we provide you with breakfast supplies for 1 or 2 days.
- Coffee, cream or milk, squirrelly bread, eggs, bacon, or, the famous (!) Amberwood homemade granola with fruit and yogurt - you decide at time of booking. Many guests leave with the famous recipe!
- Swimming in the river for the "young at heart". There are 123 stairs to get there, but after making your way down the cedar steps and landings and over the rock pathway to the river's edge, you can swim in deep pools of crystal clear water. Bring river shoes if you have them!
- Salad fixins' from our veggie garden - help yourself
- Very private and quiet - the River House is well away from our main house
- Beautiful water in the River House - it's on a UV system, and is tested each year. No need for bottled water
2980 Riverbend Road Nanaimo BC V9X 1S7 Phone (250) 616-8457
"The perfect place to spend a relaxing time. Sitting on the deck above the river was the best part of the day - beginning and end. You folks are charming, and I'm happy to have been here."
"Thank you - it was perfect. Sweet, beautifully decorated accommodations, and lovely care by the hosts - we'll be back again and again! PS Thank goodness for the air conditioning!"
"A great stay!! Enjoyed the natural setting, walking to the trout pond and time on the river. Napping while the rain fell on the skylight was calming. The bath tub was a treat. During our stay the weather varied from stormy to sunny, but the accommodations perfectly suited both. Relaxed, refreshed, we'll be back!"
"What a wonderful serene hideaway! You have addressed every tiny detail to make staying at your B&B a real pleasure. It was so nice to have everything we needed in the kitchen - just had to bring groceries! Thank you so much. And thanks for your fabulous granola recipe!"
More pictures of the River House (click on first picture for slideshow):
"This place is an absolute treasure! The river was amazing and we'll be sure to be back next summer. You made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Tess and Bree are such joys - was nice to have dogs on the property for a little ball throwing!. We both agree it was a perfect place for our first anniversary. Thank you!"